“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8 (AMP).
It may have seemed a bit quiet on the posting front from United Walk with Jesus, but behind the scenes God continues to move. Once again, He has gone ahead opening doors and directing our path. We are always open to the Spirit and His leading, ready to change our plans when prompted to and that’s what has happened.
This time Kununurra is the next “Destination” well at least for Shelly. An incredible opportunity arose for her to take a job for a year based in Kununurra. The Lord went before her providing accommodation, fine tuning all the details, and within a month of her interview, she was on a plane destined for the Kimberley, land of red dirt and the boab tree. We see this as a great opening for the North West of Australia, with Shelly already meeting the churches and community and becoming “a local”. Her job also progresses her skills in the Bachelor of Education she is currently studying as well as provides some much-needed funds.
Dave to date has remained based in Qld, between Ravenshoe and Mt Garnett. His time has been spent connecting with the churches and doing practical ministries. Dave’s Dad, Norm will be joining him in early June to continue as support crew as they hit the outback and walk The Savanah Way, the Northern Territory and across to Kununurra on the W.A. boarder. Unchanged Dave will continue to walk this next leg of the journey aiming to arrive in Kununurra in Dec 2018 hopefully before the big wet arrives. Then once the waters recede, he will continue the walk down the west coast of Western Australia. We thank you for your continuing prayer and support.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers – Let’s pray for:
- Continue open doors to the churches and great relationships on the way.
- Continue and increase the Kingdom breaking in!
- The Local Church would continue to rise up in unity with Christ Jesus as the head.
- Jesus would be declared head of His Church and over this great nation.
- Provision for the needs of the walk spiritually, financially and practically.
- Safety for Dave and his dad as they walk and travel.
- Shelly and a sense of belonging while she waits for Dave to arrive in December for wet season.
- Praise God for his gift of provision in Shelly’s job and His continued faithfulness to us now and always.
Dave & Shelly 😊